product number: 5516401
The RCFT measures visuospatial ability and visuospatial memory.
6 to 89 years.
Results of factor analysis suggest that the RCFT captures five domains of neuropsychological functioning: visuospatial recall memory, visuospatial recognition memory, response bias, processing speed, and visuospatial constructional ability. The Recognition trial measures recognition memory for the elements of the Rey complex figure and assesses the respondent's ability to use cues to retrieve information.
Please note that the norms for ages 6 years to 17 years 11 months can be found in the Manual Supplement - which is included in the Introductory Kit and also together with the Professional Manual.
- The 8.5" x 11" Stimulus Card contains a computer-rendered replica of the original Rey complex figure. Prior to this publication, Rey’s original figure had not been available commercially.
- Discriminates mildly brain-injured patients from normal patients.
- Discriminates brain-damaged patients who have documented memory impairment and are able to live independently from those who are not.
- Distinguishes deficient performance due to motor impairment from deficient performance due to memory impairment.
- Standardises the complex figure testing materials and procedures.
- Includes a Copy trial, a 3-minute Immediate Recall trial, a 30-minute Delayed Recall trial and the Recognition trial. Studies show that the Recognition trial provides incremental diagnostic power compared with using recall trials alone.
- Evaluates the relative contributions of encoding, storage and retrieval processes to memory performance.
Qualification level required:
Level 2. Please see our Test User Qualifications page for guidance