The AAB family of products has expanded to fulfill all your academic testing needs! The AAB measures basic reading, maths, spelling, and reading comprehension quickly and thoroughly to get an accurate overview of an individual's academic skills. The AAB is ideal for evaluating fundamental academic skills during an initial evaluation, during reevaluation, or when working with those referred for learning, behavior, or vocational concerns.
Suitable for 4 years to 85 years.
Features and benefits
- Measures basic academic skills, including basic reading, spelling, mathematical calculation, and reading comprehension.
- All four subtests are included in one easy-to-use response booklet. New users can learn how to administer quickly with the included Fast Guide.
- Reading subtests combine to provide a Reading Composite, which provides more data to understand an individual's reading skills.
- A Total Composite Score provides the user with a snapshot of an individual's academic performance.
- Reliability coefficients for the subtests range from .77 to .97 and from .88 to .98 for the composite scores across the age- and grade-based normative samples.
- AAB subtest and composite scores were found to be highly correlated with similar constructs on the WJ® III, KTEA™-II, WRAT4, and WIAT®-III.
- Discrepancy data with the RIAS-2 offer users the ability to compare AAB scores with an IQ assessment. When used together, the RIAS-2 and AAB offer a valid and efficient way to thoroughly assess intelligence and academic achievement.
- The manual includes evidence supporting the ability of the AAB to differentiate performance in individuals with various learning disabilities, intellectual developmental disorder, ADHD, and speech/language impairment.
- Recent normative data give you confidence in your results.
Which version of AAB is right for me?
|AAB Standard Form||AAB Comprehensive Form||AAB Screening Form|
|What it does||Delivers a quick measure of basic academic skills, including a reading comprehension subtest||Provides a complete assessment of an individual's overall performance on seven disparate aspects of achievement||Offers a snapshot of an individual's performance in four areas of achievement, including a measure of writing|
|Administration and scoring time||15-30 minutes to administer; 5-10 minutes to score||90 minutes to administer; 15 minutes to score||15-30 minutes to administer; 5-10 minutes to score|
|When to use it||To obtain a quick and accurate measure of an individual's performance that includes a reading comprehension subtest||To conduct an in-depth and complete assessment of academic achievement||To perform a fast and reliable screening of academic achievement that offers an optional writing subtest|
|How it helps clinicians||Offers a quick, efficient masure of academic achievement that includes a Reading Composite score, which provides more data to understand an individual's reading skills||Provides a complete assessment of an individual's academic skills that is suitable for use in eligibility decisions or intervention planning; IQ discrepancy data are available||Delivers a fundamental evaluation of academic skills for those referred for learning or vocational concerns|
Qualification level required:
Level 2. Please see our Test User Qualifications page for guidance