Hogrefe assessments are intended for use by professionals qualified to administer and interpret them, via training, education and experience. Depending on the product, criteria for use may vary but will always require one of three qualification levels:
All books and test manuals sold by Hogrefe are set at level 1. No specific qualifications are needed in order to purchase these materials.
The vast majority of clinical and educational materials sold by Hogrefe are set at level 2. In order to purchase these materials, you are required to provide qualification details when registering. There is no one perfect combination of credentials, but to be qualified at level 2, you usually must have:
- Certified training and experience in a relevant discipline.
- Membership of a professional organisation appropriate to the focus of the test.
- Evidence of competence in the use of psychological tests.
If you are listed on registers such as those of the Health and Care Professions Council, the General Medical Council, the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or the Nursing and Midwifery Council, please include these details when registering. If you work in education assessment, details of any psychometrics training undertaken are required. Alternatively, you may be asked to fill out our Declaration Form.
This level requires the completion of test-specific training. In the case of ADOS-2 / ADI-R, we will require the end user’s training certificate in the use of the assessment. In the case of Griffiths III, we will require the name of the qualified end user, which will be checked against our database. Any customer qualified at level 3 is automatically qualified at levels 1 and 2.
Hogrefe upholds standards set by the British Psychological Society. Most of our HR/occupational tests require test users to be Test User Occupational: Ability or Test User Occupational: Personality trained, and some require further training. Details are laid out on each product page, or call us for guidance our customer service staff and psychologists are always happy to discuss options for training and purchasing.
Access to Hogrefe Assessments for psychologists
Psychologists may be eligible to use Hogrefe assessments without undertaking further training.
How do I know if I am eligible?
- In Europe you will need to hold a master’s degree in psychology that includes training in psychometrics.
- In the rest of the world, additional local requirements may apply and there could be restrictions depending on your location.
I am eligible - how do I get access?
- Call us on +44 (0)1865 797920.
- If you meet the educational criteria set out above, you will be asked to provide evidence of your degree.
- You will be required to purchase the assessment manual so that you understand the psychometric properties: concepts, construction, scale meanings, normative basis, and how the test can be applied appropriately and professionally.
For more information
Email us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1865 797920 to discuss your options.
Hogrefe supplies its products on the basis that all test users are appropriately qualified. Hogrefe will not be held responsible for the consequences of incorrect or inappropriate use of any product by unqualified users. Hogrefe reserves the right to require additional evidence of the purchaser’s qualifications and withhold any product orders until this has been received. In addition, Hogrefe retains the right to withdraw approval for test purchase if there is evidence of violation of commonly accepted testing practices or conditions of sale.