Duty Psychologist (Occupational focus)
Based in central Oxford, Hogrefe Ltd specialises in developing and publishing organisational recruitment and development solutions as well as clinical and educational psychometric assessments. Our clients include UK and International business organisations (where English language tests are required), and also the public sector. Having recently moved into large new offices in Oxford's city centre, incorporating a dedicated training facility, we are ready to expand our services and grow our customer base.
We are recruiting for the position of Duty Psychologist specialising in the occupational market. This role is essential in growing our business in terms of providing an outstanding level of customer-support to our wide range of clients as well as identifying and winning new business. You will become a product expert in our portfolio of tests. You will provide knowledge and support both business-to-business as well as in-house within the publishing and marketing teams as we develop new tests and products and conduct research projects. You will champion our tests and products and act as the face of Hogrefe at networking events, conferences and exhibitions so you will have exceptional communication and influencing skills. You will be well-organised and have a good attention to detail to ensure the smooth running of any client project and be able to balance that with flexibility and adaptability when needed in response to change.
The variety in the role would suit a person newly qualified in occupational psychology hoping to build their experience for chartership, or someone experienced in customer sales and business development in the arena of learning and development. The position is full-time with immediate start. There will be some UK travel and occasional international travel as required by customers.
- A 2:1 or higher in an undergraduate degree in psychology or a related discipline
- Good knowledge of best practice in the use of psychological tests plus a strong commitment to ethical practice
- Excellent presentation and networking skills and able to build rapport quickly.
- Outstanding communication skills, especially telephone manner and in customer meetings.
- Above average verbal reasoning, verbal fluency; manifest in both oral and written communication
- Flexibility and responsiveness to customer and colleague needs
- High attention to detail and concern for quality
- Good MS Office skills and experience (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Be equally comfortable working as part of a team as you are working independently.
- MSc in Occupational Psychology or equivalent experience in psychometrics
- Chartered status or working towards chartership
- Registered Occupational Test User: Ability and Personality
- Qualified to use any or all of the following tests NEO PI-R, Implicitly, DASA, Leadership Judgement Indicator, Watson Glaser
- Experience in producing and delivering training materials
- Experience of using psychometric tests as a practitioner
- Business development experience such as writing proposals and attending pitches
- Proficiency in other language
Please send your CV and covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com FAO Tameron Chappell.
Please follow us on Twitter to be kept up to date on any future job openings.