Based in Oxford, Hogrefe Ltd is a developer, publisher and distributor of psychometric
tests for the occupational, clinical, and educational markets. We are part of the Hogrefe
Group, a leading European publisher of psychological tests, books, scientific journals
and associated materials.
Our Principal Psychologist will support Hogrefe’s high professional and technical standards
for product development and service delivery. Working with our customer service/marketing
and publishing/content development teams to produce and communicate high quality
psychometric tests and training courses, the successful psychologist will also deliver feedback
and consulting services when needed.
1. Develop expertise in our Occupational, Clinical, and Educational test portfolios to
contribute to the publication and marketing processes.
2. Work on the publishing team in the preparation of tests for our portfolio, including
content development and evaluation, maintaining and aiding in the development of
our network in the scientific and assessment community, review of research plans,
liaising with developers and authors, and aiding in the development of new training
courses and materials when needed.
3. Support marketing and sales as the first point of technical back up and provide advice
on test choice and use.
4. Attend conferences and exhibitions and give presentations on Hogrefe products and
5. Support BPS approved training programmes by attending sessions where needed and
providing feedback where required, including marking of training materials.
• MSc in Psychology or equivalent experience in psychometrics so as to be qualified to
use ability and personality tests.
• Good knowledge of best practice in design and use of psychometric tests plus a strong
commitment to ethical practice, attention to detail and concern for quality.
• Excellent presentation and networking skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
• Outstanding communication skills, especially telephone manner and when in
• Good MS Office skills and experience (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Equally comfortable working as part of a team and working independently.
• Chartered status or working towards chartership.
• Experience of using psychometric tests as a practitioner.
• Business development experience such as writing proposals and attending pitches.
• Proficiency in other languages.
Contact email@example.com with a covering letter and CV, or any questions about the role.