Thank you for your interest in working at Hogrefe. Current vacancies:
Head of Publishing
Based in Oxford, Hogrefe Ltd is a developer, publisher and distributor of psychometric tests for the clinical, educational and occupational markets. Our range of assessments is used by psychologists, HR professionals and experts in the health and education fields. We are part of the Hogrefe Group, a leading European publisher of psychological tests, books, scientific journals and associated materials. We are seeking to appoint a Head of Publishing, who will join our team and lead us in the development of new tests and assessments across all subject areas, as well as further the development of existing products.
1. Manage and coordinate the standardisation, trials and validation of new psychometric
assessments, including U.K. adaptations of existing European or American tests, by working
with internal and external subject matter experts to take products from concept through to
2. Provide or direct the psychometric analysis of all data collected, including norms calculations,
and provide documentation to be included in the relevant chapters of the test manual.
3. Evaluate possible new publishing projects with regard to content, psychometrics and market
potential (working together with sales/marketing and external referees).
4. Draft new publishing agreements and licenses, and lead in formulating and shaping project
specifications to ensure projects stay on course to meet deadlines.
5. Work cross-functionally within the business and liaise closely with colleagues in marketing
and customer support, to advise and train staff on psychometric properties for use with
6. Work with the Test Platform Development Manager and European colleagues, to maintain an
expert knowledge of the HTS test platform, sufficient to advise and train colleagues.
7. Maintain a network of contacts with research universities, maintaining a firm knowledge of
the market environment and psychometric standards and trends.
- Advanced degree in psychology.
- Experience developing and publishing tests with expertise in psychometric methods, modern statistical and psychometric theories, measurement principles, test design, and validation.
- Proven project management skills, with an ability to organise and prioritise work to meet
deadlines whilst being highly attentive to detail.
- Strong commercial sense and business awareness with a high commitment to professional
standards in psychometrics and in psychology generally.
- Ability to engage and connect with people, drive good performance in others, and work
collaboratively in a small team.
- Chartered status or working towards chartership in the U.K.
- Qualified in the use of recognized ability and personality tests.
- Experience using psychometric tests as a practitioner.
- Proficiency in other languages.
Please send applications to Pamela Becker (General Manager) at email@example.com by 28th February 2019.