Psychologists, social workers, and other professionals involved in child abuse investigations and evaluations will agree that this checklist provides an excellent survey of child abuse symptomatology.
The 264-item, 40-page CCAE contains 24 sections including:
- Child's Historical & Current Status.
- Emotional Abuse (child & witness reports).
- Sexual Abuse (child & witness reports).
- Physical Abuse (child & witness reports).
- Neglect (child & witness reports).
- Child's Psychological Status.
- Credibility/Competence of the Child.
- Conclusions in 6 Categories.
- Case-specific Treatment Recommendations & Issues.
When conducting an evaluation, the entire checklist can be used or only those sections applicable to the specific situation.