LCN is suitable for those:
- Experiencing a job move; voluntary or forced.
- Preparing for appraisals or personal development planning.
- Wishing to get more out of their current job by doing it differently or expanding their responsibilities.
- Wanting to prepare for discussions on negotiating changes in their current role.
- Requiring assistance in a radical change in career direction.
- That feel the need to review ‘where they are’ and ‘where they are going’.
LCN encourages you, at your own pace, to evaluate or complete the following tasks:
- Increase awareness of your personality, motives, values, interests, personal qualities and what you have to offer the market.
- Assess the important factors in your career so far.
- Develop a strategy for achieving your goals.
- To think about how your career ambitions and commitments fit in with how you want to lead your life outside of work e.g. family, relationships, leisure interests, commitments to other causes.
How it works:
Users have the option to register in order to gain access to the initial questionnaire 'My life and career – how am I doing?' This questionnaire is available for free and a diagnostic questionnaire which identifies which modules within LCN would be most useful when assessing your career. After purchasing LCN you will receive the hard copy LCN workbook that is used in conjunction with the online modules.
Why do I need to use the workbook?
To gain all the benefits that the LCN has to offer it is important you use the workbook in conjunction with the online navigation aids. The workbook provides you with all the necessary instructions required to complete the online navigation aids as well as additional information and guidance for each module. You have the option of using the workbook for keeping notes or recording actions they have taken whilst completing the online tools - some but not all of these supplementary sections appear online.
The LCN workbook contains 18 chapters or 'modules'. The first 10 modules provide detailed information and instruction on how to complete the online navigation aids and assists you in the process of self-discovery. To provide ease of navigation all the workbook modules are named according to their appropriate online navigation aid counterparts.
After completing all the online navigation aids, the final 8 modules of the workbook provide a framework on which you can actively move forward into the direction that you have been working towards in the previous chapters. There are supplementary items within LCN online that assist in your continued self-evaluation such as examples of effective communication with potential employers, CV specimens and post-interview analysis tools.
The workbook concludes with a section dedicated to the wisdom of others, a useful list of titles and tools that will enhance your experience of LCN further or assist you in your route to success.
LCN offers you the flexibility to revisit any of the sections that you have previously completed. The workbook compliments this by providing you with access to information that may not have been applicable to you in the initial stages of completion, but as you move forward in your preferred career direction will prove to be invaluable.
Online navigation aids/modules include:
- Managing your own career – why and how?
- What career goals will lead to my satisfaction and fulfilment?
- My Personality
- What is genuinely important to me?
- My Talents and Interests
- What achievements drive me?
- What work activities attract me?
- What development will best capitalise on my potential?
- Bringing it all together – what fits me best?
- Getting more out of your job
Workbook support includes all of the above plus:
- Making the market want you
- Keeping an eye on the market
- Making an impact with your CV
- Getting on the shortlist
- Getting offers
- Helping others Navigate
- Keeping the psychological contract
- Making change an opportunity